There are many reasons a blogger moves from an old blog to a new blog. This could be because you want to choose a new blog name that is easier to remember or you want to combine several blogs into one so that it is easier to manage them.
So what if the old blog already has lots of visitors or high traffic? You will definitely lose money because you have to start from zero, especially if your old blog already appears on the first page of Google.
So, here I will share how to switch an old blog to a new blog without losing traffic, so you don't need to worry about losing loyal visitors, Google search results, or backlinks that you have worked hard to plant.
Settings for Moving Blogs on Old Blog
Backup Articles from Old Blogs
The first step that must be taken is to back up all the articles on the old blog, here are the steps:
- Go to Blogger dashboard old blog, then select menu Settings
- Select sub menu Other
- Scroll to the top, then select Back Up Content
- Click the Save to computer button
- The backup process is complete.
Install the Redirect Script
The next step that needs to be done is to insert the redirect script in the template. This redirect script functions to direct old blog visitors to a new blog with the same article link.
On the Blogger dashboard, select the menu Themes, then select Edit HTML, then enter the script below just below the code <head> or <head&;gt; (specific template)
var postLink = window.location.pathname;
window.location.href = '//niadzgn.blogspot.com' + postLink;
- Replace the text niadzgn.blogspot.com with www.niadzgn.store< /span>
- If you want to redirect to a TLD domain, then replace the words niadzgn.blogspot.com with niadzgn.store (update: can for all TLD and non-tld domains)
- Save theme
Settings for Moving Blog to New Blog
Import Articles to New Blog
Next, carry out the process of importing old blog articles to the new blog, see the steps below:
- Go to Blogger dashboard new blog, then select menu Settings
- Select sub menu Other
- Then, select Import Content.
- Next, in the pop-up window, check the box I'm not a robot, then click the Import from computer button.
If you don't want to publish content automatically, then uncheck check the box Publish all posts and pages which has been imported automatically.
The article export-import process is complete, by following the steps above, visitors to the old blog will automatically be directed to the new blog.
Change the Post URL Format
URL format in each post between the old blog and the new blog must be the same, if there are differences it will appear Page not found (404 page not found).
To overcome the page not found (page not found) on the new blog, you can check in Google Search Console for the problematic URL (not found) and then match it with the URL format of the old blog.
How to change the post URL format:
- On the Blogger dashboard, select the Post menu, then Click Edit on the problematic post
- In the right menu click Back to draft, Then select Schedule, select Set date and time, match year & date with the post on the old blog, click Done
- Select Permalink, select Custom Permalink, write the URL format according to the old blog
Select Finish, then click Publish
Congratulations! with these tips and tricks blog traffic and Google's index will not change, and remember old blogs don't delete, just leave them alone.
Even if not all the traffic comes back, by changing the URL of this blog at least you can still get visitors rather than having to start from zero.
These are tips on how to move and redirect an old blog to a new blog without losing traffic. Hopefully, it's useful 🙂
In this article, I shared with you How to Move an Old Blog to a New Blog Without Losing Traffic. I hope you have liked It. Please do share it with your friends and follow our blog for more.
If you face any problems in Demo, Download or have any questions so feel free to ask me in comments section or join our Telegram Channel to get the lastest posts updates daily.
Our All Posts Are Protected By DMCA. So Don't Try To Copy Our Posts And Reproduction In Any Way Is Strictly Prohibited! Or else Legal Actions Will Be Taken.